Not to be confused with the Wine Company (which I have yet to try)

I never thought I would be a blogger but I'm glad I tried it out. It took sometime to get used to it and now I can't stop. This is about the day to day excitements of being a mom, wife, daughter, friend, or just a plain woman doing her thing.


**Beware I may cuss, so if you think that I might offend you, don't read.
Thanks for reading. Have a nice day!**

May 11, 2010

Vitamin D...a little pissed

Well this is great...not! I just got a call from the doctor(nurse) saying that they have put in a prescription for me for Vitamin D tablets. Well at first I thought what the hell changed from 6 days ago? Well apparently the doctor filling in for my normal doctor didn't look at the test results even though she said she did. I have a Vitamin D deficiency. When I asked the nurse what my Vitamin D level was she told me it's supposed to be above 30, normal people have an average above 20......well mine was NO where close to that. My level was below 4! Yes 4, I couldn't believe it. How could that doctor miss it? Especially something like that, and have her tell me that my fatigue and dizziness/fainting is just based on allergies. Dumbass! I knew better than that. But just blew it off like nothing since my blood work came back normal.
But after this little phone call I'm am so going to file a complaint when I go pick up my V. D tablets tomorrow. And see if I can have a short talk with my doctor, this is B.S.
I could have already had 6 days of Vitamins in my system. But NOOOOO!!

Vitamin D deficiency may be characterized by muscle pain, weak bones/fractures,low energy and fatigue, lowered immunity, symptoms of depression and mood swings. http://www.womentowomen.com/healthynutrition/vitamind.aspx
Which the immune topic got me thinking...in the past I've had bladder infection problems. There's no telling how long I've had this problem.

On the other hand, Spencer will be home soon and it looks like he's cooking since he keeps messaging me about it and asking me how much milk we have. So yay! Hayden and I have been lazy today, not just because of the rain. Oh ya, I made my own fried pickles yesterday, OMG! that was soo good. Not as good as my fav. back in Houston but it will serve its purpose. I used flour instead of fry since all I had was flour. Recipe is on the other page.

1 comment: