Not to be confused with the Wine Company (which I have yet to try)

I never thought I would be a blogger but I'm glad I tried it out. It took sometime to get used to it and now I can't stop. This is about the day to day excitements of being a mom, wife, daughter, friend, or just a plain woman doing her thing.


**Beware I may cuss, so if you think that I might offend you, don't read.
Thanks for reading. Have a nice day!**

May 22, 2010

thebump.com

Last night was interesting. Got into a fight over the internet on thebump.com. No matter what your background is, or what you did there's no reason to not care about your unborn children. Short story....this girl had to to the E.R. for breathing problems, she's pregnant with triplets and she was had to be given iodine and have a CT scan. The doctors said everything was safe. This woman was getting grilled about being worried about the iodine and radiation affecting her children.
There were tons of people who were caring for her and sending her thoughts and prayers but there were a select few (3-4) that were grilling her for posting about her experience and being worried about her children. Now from what I read her background wasn't that great for some. But no matter what your background is, you care and worry about your children. You do everything and anything in your power to protect them. If it calls for being worried so be it. It's the beginning of the rest of your life. Plain and simple. Some of these ladies that were grilling her, have never been pregnant before or even close so they have no right to say that she was over reacting. No, you don't have to be a parent to understand this feeling, it's common sense. It's the thing called Mama-Cub Syndrome. As my mom would say, well the mama-cub part...I just added the syndrome...lol.
Truthfully, I would do the same thing. You know there are "some'' doctors/nurses out there that may have not of received proper medical training. How are you supposed to trust these strangers you've never met and put your life and/or your children in their care. Yes, most of the time we have no choice and you have to wish and pray that, that doctor has had proper teachings.

No comments:

Post a Comment