Not to be confused with the Wine Company (which I have yet to try)

I never thought I would be a blogger but I'm glad I tried it out. It took sometime to get used to it and now I can't stop. This is about the day to day excitements of being a mom, wife, daughter, friend, or just a plain woman doing her thing.


**Beware I may cuss, so if you think that I might offend you, don't read.
Thanks for reading. Have a nice day!**

September 3, 2010

My Grandfather's Pickles

Okay so far today seems to be okay. No stupid questions...blah blah blah. Now with the whole Avon thing, I'm actually getting really bored with it. I know it's only been like 2 weeks since I started but this whole making sure the brochures are out to everybody kind of thing, isn't really my thing. I truthfully I don't even know why I signed up for this. I hardly wear much make-up to begin with. I usually where eyeliner and eyeshadow and if I have some important thing to go to I wear foundation. Yeah, Avon is more than just make-up, it has fragrances, and bath & body stuff but the beauty department life really isn't what I wanted to do with my life. I've always been about food, cooking, baking, etc.
Now my mom just recently just gave me my grandfather's recipe for making Hot & Dill Pickles. Now that's something I can do. Turn my grandfather's pickles into a profit. Now I'm not talking about going big like the ones you see in the store. I'm talking about Flea Markets, or Farmer's Markets. That's something that's in my area. Plus I want to do something that is going to make me happy. And Avon...not really.
I am going to give Avon a try though. Possibly when I get the pickle making going, I can do Avon part-time. Just for a few extra bucks. But I truthfully think making my grandfather's pickles will be a better, happier, and not time wasting job/hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment